Audition at Grand Rapids Civic Theatre
Below is information about upcoming auditions. If you are planning to audition, you will be asked to read from a script. For any musical auditions, please come with a prepared song and be ready to take part in a dance audition. Some auditions require advance registration.
As audition sign-ups become available, registration links will be added below. Please check back frequently. We look forward to seeing you at auditions!
CURRENT OPEN AUDITIONS
• September 22 from 4-9 PM, September 23 from 7-9 PM, Callbacks following as needed
• Director: Bruce Tinker
• Stage Manager/Assistant Director: Chris Carnevale
• Music Director: Wright McCargar
• Choreographer: Torrey Thomas
• Casting: Large ensemble, principles: 5 men, 3 women, 1 boy
• November 23 from 11 AM-1 PM (Performers ages 8-15), November 23 from 2-5 PM (Performers ages 16+)
• Callbacks November 25 from 6-10 PM
• Director: Allyson Paris
• Stage Manager: Kieran Smith
• Music Director: Charles Hutchins
• Choreographer: Erin Kacos-Pott
A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
• October 5 and 6 from 2-5 PM, Callbacks October 8 from 7-10 PM
• Director: Jean Reed Bahle
• Stage Manager: Amie Saliba
• 12 person cast
2019/2020 AUDITION DATES
• July 28-29, 7-9 PM
• Callbacks following as needed.
• September 7-8
• Callbacks September 10
• September 21-22
• Callbacks September 23-24
STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
• October 5-6
• Callbacks, October 8
• November 23
• Callbacks November 25
JUNIE B. JONES
• February 22-23
• Callbacks February 24
• February 15-16
• Callbacks February 21 and 22 (if necessary)
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL AND MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM
• March 21-23
• Callbacks March 24-25
Auditioning for a Show…
Grand Rapids Civic Theatre is a community theatre, which means that all the actors who perform on our stage are a collection of individuals from this area who have a talent and interest in theatre arts. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned actor, you are welcome to audition for our productions. With each season offering musicals, plays, comedies, dramas, and youth productions, there is a show for everyone.
Check out our Facebook page and visit this page for updated information regarding audition dates and times, casting needs, and rehearsal schedules. All sign-ups are done through SignUp Genius, which will be posted as they become available.
What to expect at an audition
Those planning to audition for a Play will be asked to read from the script. For Musical auditions, prepare 16 measures of a memorized song and bring sheet music that includes a piano accompaniment line. Recorded accompaniments and a capella auditions will not be accepted. Musical auditions will also include a dance audition.
What to expect at a callback
Those that are asked to return for Play Callbacks will read from the script. Musical Callbacks consist of reading from the script, singing songs from the show, and learning additional dance choreography.
Civic Theatre’s School of Theatre Arts offers workshops and classes designed to help you prepare specifically for an audition. Please check our current Theatre Workshop & Class Schedule f