The safety of our patrons, performers, crew, and staff is the highest priority for Grand Rapids Civic Theatre. With that in mind, we have created the following responsibilities, both for ourselves and for our patrons. We appreciate the cooperation of our patrons as we re-open during these unusual circumstances. Thank you for your understanding and thank you for joining us at Civic Theatre once again!
CIVIC THEATRE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Civic Theatre will ensure that groups of patrons are socially distant in our auditorium. Our ticketing software has social distancing protocols built in.
- By law, we are permitted to have a maximum of 300 people in our auditorium today. In practice, we anticipate a maximum of 200-300 people (25-35% capacity) in our 750-seat auditorium for any given performance.
- We will ensure that enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols are followed throughout our building, with special care given to high-traffic and high-touch areas.
- We will take extra steps to encourage air flow in the Meijer Majestic Theatre in between performances.
- We will be offering a “touch free” experience for patrons who bring their printed tickets or display their printed tickets on their phones.
- We will ensure that large groups of people do not congregate in our lobby or theatre before, during, or after performances.
- For the safety of patrons and guests, we will not be offering any concessions during performances.
- Patrons will arrive early for performances and will proceed directly to the auditorium. Once in the auditorium, they will head directly to their seats.
- Patrons will wear masks for the duration of their time in our building. Disposable masks will be provided by Civic Theatre in the event a patron does not bring their own mask. Masks will be worn so that they cover the mouth and nose. Gaiters and scarves will not be permitted. Unfortunately, patrons who are unwilling or unable to meet this expectation will not be permitted to attend performances at this time.
- Patrons will maintain physical distance between themselves and other parties during their time in the Theatre.
- Patrons will comply with instructions from House Managers and volunteer Ushers.