NOW HIRING: young artist studio mentors
What is Young Artist Studio? A ten-month intensive training program providing experienced MENTORSHIP, advanced TRAINING, and growth OPPORTUNITIES for young artists in grades 7-12 who are considering a career in theatre performance or production.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUNG ARTIST STUDIO?
CLICK HERE for details on the YAS program.
WHAT DO MENTORS DO?
YAS Mentors walk alongside cohort members to offer constructive feedback, support, guidance, compassion, and connection as they explore theatre as a career/academic path.
WHAT ARE THE qualifications?
Young Artist Studio Mentors should be theatre artists who have worked either professionally or in a collegiate setting. Mentor candidates should have experience working with students ages 13-18 as a teacher or coach.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MENTORS
Mentors participate in the following tasks:
- Attend Auditions for the 23/24 Cohort, take written feedback, and offer input to Civic Administrators into Cohort Selection and Mentor Assignment
- Attend ALL Mentor Team Meetings AND School of Theatre Arts Faculty Meetings
- Attend and participate in YAS Student Orientation
- Attend the Chicago Field Trip
- Attend ALL Friday Studio Times, offering written feedback to ALL students, and coaching to select students
- Attend 3 Mentor Meetings with their 1-2 assigned students throughout the year
- Attend Final Studio Celebration
Apply by May 5, 2023 for the 2023/24 year.
Contact us at email@example.com.