Grand Rapids Civic Theatre seeks applications for Directors, Stage Managers, Music Directors, Conductors, and Choreographers for their 2023-24 Season.
TOGETHER WE ARE CIVIC
Season Production Staff play a critical role in the mission of Civic Theatre by bringing stories to life in the high quality productions that our audiences have come to expect. Production Staff must demonstrate solid experience in their field, an eagerness to work with and nurture volunteer artists at all stages of development, a desire to work collaboratively with Civic’s professional staff, an ability to communicate promptly and effectively in both written and verbal form, and a desire to create safe and inclusive work spaces for their fellow collaborators.
For specific duties, please click on the links below:
- All applicants must submit an Application via Google Forms (see job duties above for link to form).
- All applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a producer or collaborator with whom they have worked in the last 5 years. If an applicant has worked as production staff on a fully staged Civic Theatre Mainstage Production or Performance Block/Summer One Act Production in the last 3 years, a review of their volunteer and/or student feedback forms will be considered in lieu of a letter of recommendation.
- Civic Theatre Staff will consider applications and materials submitted by Tuesday, March 14th.
- Civic Staff will begin the process of building teams and offering contracts on/around the week of March 27th.
- Those who are NOT selected this year will be notified once all contracts have been signed and hiring is complete.
For those artists interested in Assistant Director or Assistant Stage Management roles, Civic will be seeking applicants for those volunteer positions in April/May.
For more information on the 2022/23 Season, please click here.