Grand Rapids Civic Theatre is seeking applications for Directors, Stage Managers, Music Directors, Conductors, and Choreographers for our 2022-23 Season.
Help us bring our stories to life
Season Production Staff play a critical role in the mission of Civic Theatre by bringing stories to life in the high-quality productions that our audiences have come to expect. Production Staff must demonstrate solid experience in their field, an eagerness to work with and nurture volunteer artists at all stages of development, a desire to work collaboratively with Civic’s professional staff, an ability to communicate promptly and effectively in both written and verbal form, and a desire to create safe and inclusive workspaces for their fellow collaborators.
For more information, please click on the buttons below:
- All applicants must submit an Application via Google Forms (see job duty descriptions above for link to form).
- All applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a producer or collaborator with whom they have worked in the last 5 years. If an applicant has worked as production staff on a fully staged Civic Theatre Mainstage Production or Performance Block/Summer One-Act Production in the last 5 years, a review of their volunteer and/or student feedback forms will be considered in lieu of a letter of recommendation.
- Civic Theatre Staff will consider applications and materials submitted by Friday, March 11th.
- After the first round of application/interest review, Civic Theatre Staff will invite a few individuals to a short interview in the following time frames: Wednesday, March 23 from 6-9 pm and Thursday, March 24 from 3-5 pm.
- After interviews have been completed, Civic Staff will begin the process of building teams and offering contracts.
- Those who are NOT selected this year will be notified once all contracts have been signed and hiring is complete.
For more information on the 2022/23 Season, please click here.