HOST INFORMATION HUB
WELCOME TABLE HOSTS
Thank you for agreeing to host a table for Bright Lights on Civic 2022, Grand Rapids Civic Theatre’s Annual Fundraising Luncheon. This event would never be a success without you volunteering your time and energy to help us spread the word about our mission to our community. Thank you!
Below, you will find links to information about the event and all of the tools you need to make the event a success. If you require any assistance, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kim Vincent at email@example.com or (616) 816-3135.
WHAT IS MY ROLE AS A HOST? (START HERE)
Prior to the Event – Inviting Guests
- Brainstorm potential guests. If you need inspiration, use our quick relationship mapping tool.
- Invite 8 guests to join your table (you and a Civic Theatre volunteer will complete your table of 10).
- By 5:00 on March 4th, 2022, submit your final guest list using our guest list submission form.
- Alternatively, you may email your list to Kim Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kim will send you a guest list template to fill in the necessary information.
- On March 8th, 2022, send a reminder email to your guests with event details.
Day of the Event
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to find your nametag and table and get settled so you’re ready to greet your guests as they arrive.
- Pass out pledge cards and envelopes when instructed during the “Ask” portion of the event, or encourage your guests to give online using our QR code.
- Set an example for your guests by actively engaging in the event and filling out your own pledge card (or making on online gift).
- Collect complete pledge cards and envelopes from guests and return them to GRCT staff before leaving.
After the Event
- On March 10th, 2022, send guests an email or handwritten thank-you note for attending. For guests who did not attend, send an email encouraging them to still support GRCT.
- Brainstorm ideas on how Civic can continue to engage your guests throughout the year.
- Watch for follow-up emails from Civic staff to help keep the momentum moving.
In light of dramatically declining case and positivity rates in Kent County, and in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines, we have updated our plans for Bright Lights on Civic. Lunch will be served at tables during the event. Masks will be strongly encouraged when not actively eating or drinking.
Useful links to help you be an effective table host: