Everyone’s favorite cat comes to mischievous life in this theatrical adaptation of the Dr. Seuss classic!
We are hitting the road and performing at Coit Elementary, Aberdeen, William C. Abney, Mulik Park, Ken-O-Sha, North Oakview, Harrison Park, Thornapple Elementary, Campus Elementary, and Buchanan Elementary.
The tour also includes the following free public performances:
- The opening performance is at Civic Theatre on March 3rd. The performance is at 11 am with doors opening at 10 am and the house opening at 10:30 am. Seating is general so first come, first served.
- Downtown Library: Saturday, April 21st at 1:00 pm
- Boys and Girls Club (Paul I. Phillips Club): Tuesday, May 1st at 6:00 pm
- Greenville Area Community Center: Saturday, May 5th at 9:00 am (Workshop) and 2:00 pm (Performance)
- Cook Arts Center: Saturday, June 2nd at 1:00 pm
Girl: Ceci Tinney+
Sammy: Parker Hammond+
Cat: Ashley Isenhoff+
Fish: Aaron Siebelink+
Kittens: Ruby Duimstra*+, Stellaluna Putman*
Thing 1: Courtney Betten+*
Thing 2: Kyria Elise+
Father: Bob Karel
*=first show at Civic Theatre
+=student in GRCT School of Theatre Arts
Director: Mike Hull
Assistant Director: Chelsea Herrema
Stage Manager: Julia Nichols
WHAT IS TRAVELING TROUPE?
The Traveling Troupe is a Grand Rapids Civic Theatre outreach program offering local schools and community venues the opportunity to have live theatre travel to them! Now in its 27th year, the Traveling Troupe has produced a different show each year, and has played to more than 160,000 children and adults – always completely free of charge. Traveling Troupe brings in all the sets, sound equipment, costumes, props, crews, and actors…we just need an audience!
If your school is interested in booking Traveling Troupe, please contact Eirann Betka, Outreach Specialist at email@example.com.